Why an Interview,,,

Over the years we have been able to meet and talk with some very interesting people. They have shared with us their knowledge and have provided us with a great deal of insight as to how and why festivals and events work and why they are so important to our communities and to the Province of Ontario. With this in mind, we decided that we wanted you to meet and hear from some of the wonderful people who work so hard to provide us all with such wonderful Ontario Festivals and Events! We are pleased and proud to present "THE INSIDE SCOOP"!

Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Way of the Future! ~ Why is it critical to promote your Business and create exposure!

The Way of the Future! ~ Why is it critical to promote your Business and create exposure! ~ “Tips”, “Experiences”, “Advice” …
"Great Exposure"
Cyndee Barrette, Sole Proprietor Crazy Bitch BBQ Sauce

Cyndee Barrette, Sole Proprietor shares with our readers … “Website exposure is critical as that is the way of the future to shop online. I don’t venture out anywhere unless I know where I am going and what I am after because I don’t want to waste time and the internet provides that luxury. 
I often have heard new businesses say that they don’t have a website yet….that is one of the first things you should do because while you are building the rest, people are surfing and can find you. As well, a great graphic artist and printer are your best friends as they create your branding when you are not present. 
I have wonderful business cards and brochures that give great info into what I do and how I do it. Business is very competitive and I look through the eyes of ‘why do they want to buy this’? I am a critical shopper and make my product line to attract a critical shopper – competition is HUGE!
“Tips”, “Experiences”, “Advice” …
Cyndee Barrette, Sole Proprietor Crazy Bitch BBQ Sauce shares with us … “In addition to much listed above, I will repeat that knowing what brains to pick’ is a real critical piece along with knowing where your strong points lie and what components of business you need to hire out for (generally, that would be the website and graphics, in my view).
I do believe that people need to keep revisiting the question “what is it that I really really really want”. That is a very tough one and the answer can vary from time to time. I ask myself that question constantly because it is very easy to be caught up in hype about your business and suggestion to do something that may not be timely or appropriate and it is easy to become swayed. It is very complimentary to hear such things but at the end of the day, it may not be what is in your best interest
Always really examine what it is you want and stick with that. I really do listen to my gut and it has never steered me wrong.
Not all business means having to pay a mortgage ….sometimes it can be a happy retirement project, a satisfying flexible career while being a stay-at-home parent etc. etc. 
Find out what you want to do and why – it’s a tougher question than you realize. Every year, I check in with myself to see ‘what worked and what didn’t last year’. In January of each year, I start the planning line for the upcoming season and stick with that plan because nothing good is gained when you are flying around at the last minute trying to get into events that should have been dealt with earlier. 
A word of warning is this….if an event is looking for vendors ‘at the eleventh hour’ then that is your clue to stay away from it because anything worthwhile attending is booked up early!
Stay tuned for more “SCOOP” …Why am I not Peacefully Retired???? (An anecdotal account of a so-called-not-so-part-time-unplanned-business!). If in the meantime you would like to check our Ms Barrette’s website, I’m sure she’d love your visit … www.crazybitch.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment