Why an Interview,,,

Over the years we have been able to meet and talk with some very interesting people. They have shared with us their knowledge and have provided us with a great deal of insight as to how and why festivals and events work and why they are so important to our communities and to the Province of Ontario. With this in mind, we decided that we wanted you to meet and hear from some of the wonderful people who work so hard to provide us all with such wonderful Ontario Festivals and Events! We are pleased and proud to present "THE INSIDE SCOOP"!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Interview with Madeleine Marentette (Part One)


Madeleine Marentette
Founder
Grail Springs & Grail Lady Faire

“SITTING ON THE FENCE!”
When I heard about The Grail Lady Faire, I wondered what it was all about! After exploring their wonderful website (http://www.grailladyfaire.com/), I still was “on the fence” whether I would like to attend. Clearly I had some questions. Fortunately, through THE INSIDE SCOOP, I am able to talk with interesting leaders and organizers of festivals and events across Ontario. So, I thought I would speak to the founder of The Grail Lady Faire, Madeleine Marentette.

Madeleine is the Author and Founder of Grail Springs a retreat that lies in one of the most enchanted regions of Canada. Located in Bancroft Ontario, it is nestled amongst a stunning setting with a spring-fed lake, meditation gardens, horses, wildlife and hundreds of acres of forested trails. Healthy forests, hiking trails, abundant wildlife and breathtaking scenery. The Grail Lady Faire is a wonderful opportunity for women to gather, as Madeleine states, “to be inspired and inspire others”! The photographs on the Grail Springs website were a little intimidating to me. I felt the visitors to the festival had a certain fitness level (as Yoga is a part of the events offered). Madeleine was quick to clear this up this misconception by stating, "you do not require any fitness level nor other previous experience to join in this journey. There is something for everyone to participate in". There is just so much to choose from, I recommend you too check out their website for all they will be offering at this great Grail Lady Faire!

I still had a few questions for Madeleine that I found helpful when making up my mind to attend. I have never tried Yoga before, nor experienced a lot of what will be offered at this event. I did not want to be naive, but asked a simple question to Madeleine, "What is the “Grail” and what was her goal for this event?" As I understand it, from speaking with Madeleine, "The Grail concept is basic, if you ask, you will know! It goes back to ancient times, with discussions in King Arthur’s time and the Nights of the Round Table. Esoteric spiritual schools were based in finding the truth, seek and she will find! Madeleine explains that our experience is the human journey". She said "that is not until we ask the questions, do we begin to follow on a path." What Madeleine is excited about with The Grail Lady Faire, is that a “whole bunch of individuals can get together, a networking opportunity as it where”. Madeleine went on to say, "It is an opportunity to meet potential future business partners, investors in your own projects and goals, women sharing visions and finding answers to make changes in their lives, to grown and prosper. This festival attracts women looking for change and support in their lives. The Faire is looking for women are ready to roll up their sleeves and answer the call to action. Women, who are looking for support and to co-create, invest and collaborate to be the change." I asked Madeleine if she herself had some “answers” and had been able to “make changes”. She shares that "she has had challenges in the past, but, when she decided to stop trying to fix her body, and focused on fixing her way of life did her body heal. She said she had resolved her challenges and feels that everything has a solution, in body, mind, spirit and relationships." For Madeleine, she tells me "she has reached a sense of peace and there in nothing she wants for." Here is the INSIDE SCOOP; Madeleine said “life is a journey. We need to learn to love the mystery of life and enjoy the feeling of discovery." I felt right then that I connected with Madeleine. I feel sometimes, people spend a lot of time focusing on the “whys” in life. It is not until we embrace all we have, good and bad, and all the challenges that we can move forward. I feel most people stay stuck in the past. I know I have, but, with love and support, I am learning to do exactly what Madeleine is trying to do. She says “I live to be inspired and to inspire others”. So I say, enjoy the journey, learn to love the mystery. At The Grail Lady Faire, Madeleine hopes to inspire participants/attendees to help them reflect upon their own personal passions and drive in health and well being. Madeleine is just there to “drive the bus” … I recommend going along for the ride!
(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment